Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Internet access is had!

In my next few to several entries I am going to try to make up for my egregious lack of posts with lots and lots o' pictures.

But for now, I will ask you one question: What's up with this lil' fella?

After asking one local about this possible mascot that I saw around Unnam, he looked at me in confusion. After trying to describe what a 'mascot' was and asking him if Unnam Dong had one, I drew a picture for him and he excitedly shouts, "Massacoahti! Massacoati!"

Just as I was feeling some relief I realized, with the help of a fellow foreigner, that he was simply saying 'mascot' in Konglish and had no inside knowledge to offer.

This alone has caused its own episode of culture shock, I hope I can overcome so as to deliver promised blog entries.

We shall see.

2 Comments:

Blogger ashley said...

Hooray for the internet! Do you take blog requests? If so, I would like to hear about the food. And, whether or not they have fancy toilets. If they do have fancy toilets, please blog in detail.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Of course, food and squirty toilets! Excellent blog fodder indeed!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home