Thursday, August 24, 2006

Smelling like a campfire in the San Fran Museum of Modern Art

After a few days of achilles recovery in Lone Pine, CA. I climbed what was supposed to be a relatively short scramble up Lone Pine Peak on Tuesday (not to mention Lewis looking at my screachy brakes on Monday, ask about that one later). This was a nice hike of a fews hours to a few alpine lakes, called the Meysan Lakes, and then a rather arduous challenge of my route finding and scrambling abilities. The views were awesome, especially of the great white whale (aka Whitney).

After what ended up being a 10-11 hour day, I figured a couple of days off would be nice. I came to the Bay area, where I'm in a nice campsite not far from Larkspur, where I took the ferry across the bay(s) into the city to visit the SFMOMA.

They have a rather extisive collection of Paul Klee ink drawings (my coworkers will know Klee by the poster -the crazy looking guy- in the art cube. My internet friendly acquainances will know this same work as my MSN avatar.

I pick up Wade from the airport tomorrow and we will be returning to the Sierra where we will hopefully be attempting Whitney (permits are more difficult to get than I had expected, but it looks hopefull that there will be an opening due to someone else's cancellation).

I am running out of internet time here at this cafe, so please forgive the misspellings and general lack of grace.

Having sensory overload here in CA...mountains, bays, art, etc...

Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holland says:
hello! glad to hear stuff is going well. enjoy!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cried 30 minutes just seeing it. Imagine having to leave it as your home! Sensory overload. I love it. Home Sweet Home.
Know you and Wade will have a good time.
R&N

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home